TechSun

Thoughts, ramblings, peeves, and guilty pleasures. ΕΙΣ ΓΑΡ ΘΕΟΣ ΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΣΙΤΗΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΙΗΣΟΥΣ (1 Timothy 2:5)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What the Hell?

I've studied several times on the subject of Hell, and everytime I think I draw new conclusions.

My oldest son is in cub scouts and together we have been working on his Loving Servant Award.

One of the requirements is to memorize and discuss John 3:16. While discussing it, we started talking on what it means to have eternal life vs. what it means to "perish".

Here is what it means to my 8 year old.

"If you believe in God, and that Jesus is His son that came to save us, when you get to heaven, God will open the door. The people that don't know about Jesus will just see a closed door."

The program also requires a prayer journal. Even after just a few weeks I know it is something we will treasure always.

I thought in this program I would be the "teacher" during the studies. Already I have found that it is not the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home