TechSun

Thoughts, ramblings, peeves, and guilty pleasures. ΕΙΣ ΓΑΡ ΘΕΟΣ ΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΣΙΤΗΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΙΗΣΟΥΣ (1 Timothy 2:5)

Monday, June 09, 2008

One Mediator

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the
man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the
testimony given at the proper time.
1 Tim 2:5-6 (ESV)


How many mediators do we need? I guess the catholic thought would be that you need a priest to go to Mary, who in turn would go to Jesus, who would go to God. Because, of course, a son would never turn down a request from his mother.

I only need the One.

But what does the "proper time mean". Earlier in Galatians Paul tells us:
4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of
woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so
that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has
sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" 7 So
you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
Gal 4:4-7 (ESV)

I have faith that I will be treated as a son, because God told me so. Please excuse me, I need to go talk with my mediator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home