TechSun

Thoughts, ramblings, peeves, and guilty pleasures. ΕΙΣ ΓΑΡ ΘΕΟΣ ΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΣΙΤΗΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΙΗΣΟΥΣ (1 Timothy 2:5)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bail me Out!

One of the new catch phrases of the day is 'Tipping Point'. The point of no return.

Recently I was reminded of a tipping point in my life. A time when a decision had to be made that would change me forever.

When I was a teenager I ran away from home. No, not like that. I ran away from home to go to college. OK, to be honest I didn't run away to go to college, I ran away to just get away. I had dug my self into some pretty big holes back home. I needed to get away and have a new start.

Within a few months I was over 500 miles away, on my own, in total control of my destiny, everything I ever wanted....except for sitting in this jail cell.

A 10 minute drive to the police station is plenty of time for a million things to run through a man's mind. Making a bail call is a hard thing to do. I was initially set on just waiting my time for the next day and hope I'd be let go. Sharing a cell with someone I saw on CrimeStoppers the night before changed my mind quickly.

The call had to be made. It wasn't so hard. "Hello? It's me. I need a favor. Can you come bail me out? Now?" The call was made and answered.

The cell I put myself in for the next few days was even worse. I had myself on trial. In this case I knew right away who I needed to talk to to bail me out. The call was made to HIM. HE answered. I was easily convicted...thank God.

I tipped...my new life began. I returned home. I had a plan. I got my life straight. I married the girl with the red hair and the big black hat. We have two wonderful boys. We have a wonderful home. I've decided to put a little money aside just in case I receive a call late one night from a friend in need.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said…

    So I'm not the only one who has been to jail! Ha!

    In life, isn't each moment a point of no return? I can't go back in time.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well said

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember that night. We all had a night just like that and thank the Lord we all survived!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home