TechSun

Thoughts, ramblings, peeves, and guilty pleasures. ΕΙΣ ΓΑΡ ΘΕΟΣ ΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΣΙΤΗΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΙΗΣΟΥΣ (1 Timothy 2:5)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

Decisions are often easy for me to make since I see the world mostly in black and white (according to my own prejudices of course). When I come across one that falls in that gray area I take my time, and I have just this morning made my decision.

This decision making process has actually taken a few years. It has not been easy. It is a family decision that we have been able to make together. These types of decisions take a lot of prayer, discussions, and observations.

This particular decision was not one that we wanted to make. But more of a response to a situation we found ourselves in.

We have decided to give up something we care a lot about, our church. The church is on the right track, but our family needs more from a church than it can give right now. We have spent over 30 years at this one congregation, so it is has been very difficult.

I have to still deal with the feelings I have towards the people that put us in this situation. Especially since many of them were once our friends. We were abandoned, but stayed because we believe in the work. I feel this decision was forced upon me by others, but I am confident that it is the right one to make.

There is great relief after making a careful deliberate decision. God has comforted us. We will move on and do more. We luckily live in an area where we have options. I am sure that God will lead us to the right one.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're welcome in our church. We cover sin, repentance and are focused on recruiting non-Christians. In fact, we are working to open a new church location somewhere along 121. Which is closer to you than our current location.

    Right now, we have a cell group meeting off of McDermott on Wed nights studying the DaVinci Code. Lee Stroebal's DVD series.

    Call me for lunch sometime....Biggs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home