TechSun

Thoughts, ramblings, peeves, and guilty pleasures. ΕΙΣ ΓΑΡ ΘΕΟΣ ΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΣΙΤΗΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΙΗΣΟΥΣ (1 Timothy 2:5)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It is well

We sing this hymn quite a bit, but for some reason this one hit me hard this Sunday.

It Is Well With My Soul was written in 1873 by Horation G. Spafford (lyrics).

The third verse is what really got me.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul

I do not have a cross to bear because it has been carried for me through the streets of Jeruselem. I don't have the burden because the Son of the only God took so he could be tortured and killed on it.

It is well with my soul...thank God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home