TechSun

Thoughts, ramblings, peeves, and guilty pleasures. ΕΙΣ ΓΑΡ ΘΕΟΣ ΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΣΙΤΗΣ ΘΕΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΙΗΣΟΥΣ (1 Timothy 2:5)

Monday, March 20, 2006

Would Ya?

I read a story from the AP this morning that was interesting.

Abdul Rahman is about to be sentenced to death for becoming a Christian. The Islam religion is based on silliness and lies anyway, but it is astounding that a country like Afghanistan who we have pulled up out of the muck by thier thong-strap still has this kind of attitude.

The judge's quote is the most ridiculous
"We are not against any particular religion in the world. But in Afghanistan,
this sort of thing is against the law," the judge said. "It is an attack on
Islam. ... The prosecutor is asking for the death penalty."

They are not against any religion, but if you convert from Islam to Christianity you are dead.

This man was asked to just recant and he would live, but he refused. Its easy for me as I type on my laptop thousands of miles away to nod my head, and think I would do the same thing, but would I?

Christianity is not just under attack in Afghanistan, Madigascar, and other far away places. It is under attack in pulpits all across our country too.

It is much better to have your physical life under attack than your spiritual life under attack under the guise of 'christianity'. Is denominationalism more dangerous than Islam? Pick your poison.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I was young, I thought how blessed we were not to have these kind of problems in this country. Now I just pray I don't have to face this choice in my lifetime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home